Knitted Leopard (Mbada)
- Leopards are solitary animals
- Leopards are primarily nocturnal, they hunt their prey at night
- Leopards can run up to 58 kmph.
- A group of Leopards is called a leap
- They can jump up to 6m horizontally and 3m vertically
- Individually named by the lady who knitted it
- Tagged with the name and photo (unless they are still in prison) of the knitter
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Stuffed with a polyester toy stuffing
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning
Made by Gogo Olive
Gogo Olive was set up in late 2008 as a response to the huge unemployment problem in Zimbabwe (it currently stands at over 80%), at a time when conditions in the country were particularly difficult. As well as creating employment for local women the aim is to give them hope as they have the opportunity to use their craft skills to build a future for themselves and their families.
As each one is hand made there are variations.